cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hp871x Measure.vi

Ok so you believe that you can manually set it up?Smiley Happy
OK then

2)enable the GPIB echo !Smiley Wink
For each step that you manually carry out record the message shown on the screen
if necessary repeat !!!

SENS[1|2]:STAT ON; *WAI
SENS[1|2]:FUNC ‘XFR:S 2,1’;DET NBAN; *WAI

SENS1:FUNC ‘XFR:S 1,1’;DET NBAN; *WAI
SENS1:FUNC ‘XFR:S 2,1’;DET NBAN; *WAI
you should see one above  following messages with regard to enabling S11 or S21Smiley Surprised

If you look at the block diagams of the vi in the library 8714 you will see the
appropiate SCPI commands.
All that you need to do is 'string' them together,with wait states, delays also.
-------------------------------------------------
OH You have not mentioned if you can actually communicate with the network analyser!!Smiley Indifferent

1)First ensure that you can communicate with Network analyser
via GPIB. From the library use the initialisation VI. Make sure that  you have manually set Network analyuser address ie 5
The following parameters have to be 'set'

Power, (also on/off), number of points, frequency start, frequency stop, actual measurement mode(S11,S12etc)Centre frequency,Smith plot or VSWR, complex plot
etc.There are numerous others but we'll get to them later

Remember that if you send a command via PC then it is necessary to enable local mode if you wish to manually adjust anything afterwards.

IF you provide the specification (frequency, power level number of points, markers, etc then i'll provide a general template which should hopefully get you over the wall.Smiley Wink
Meanwhile I suggest that you attempt to follow one of the example s in the guide
it should boost you confidence and allow you to explore the querks of HP 8714 network analysers menu !!

Xseadog
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(631 Views)

Hi xseadog.

Well, I have the program already working. It is the debugging stage now.

probably the first command:

SENS[1|2]:STAT ON; *WAI

is what I missed. I'll check it in the first opportunity (we are on holidays now).

I'll inform you if it works.

Thank you very very much.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(629 Views)

It does work.

Thank you very very much.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(617 Views)