LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to using self-coded Vi file to drive and control a hardware or a card.

Hi everyone.

Thank you for your time. Now I have coded a new vi file based on original vi file of a card or broad (name P7888) with some new function. My question is how to connect my new VI file to the card or broad and drive, control it. Do I need creat a new interface to fulfill this program? How to do that. Thank you very much. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jane

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,097 Views)

I assume there is a DLL you are supposed to call.  How did the original code access the hardware?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,094 Views)

Thank you. Actually, the new coded Vi file include the DLL library. So I think the new Vi file already called the library. Is that right?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,086 Views)

@ZhenCo wrote:

Thank you. Actually, the new coded Vi file include the DLL library. So I think the new Vi file already called the library. Is that right?

If you didn't add it, then it was already there.  That DLL is what is accessing the hardware.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,071 Views)

So what you mean is that now my new Vi file should able to drive the card, is that right? But it dosen't work. In manual, it says that" Please do not expect any functions in this DLL for controlling the hardware directly" and "The Dll is an interface providing functions to communicate with the server program". So I need to let the new Vi file be able to control server program, is that right? How to do so? Thanks a lot again.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,054 Views)

At this point, I recommend you contact the manufacturer.  They will be able to answer your questions.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,034 Views)

Thank you very much for your help. Have a great day.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,030 Views)