LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use stop sign function for execuation abortion

I tried to use a stop sign function to abort an execution. Just exited the program when I clicked a stop button that is linked to the stop sign, as if clicking the Abort execution on the toolbax.  It seems a very straightforward task, but the stop sign does not work as expected.

I am new to LabVIEW programming.

I attach my file for your checking, and hope you can catch some errors I committed.

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,744 Views)

Globally, I don't think using the "STOP" VI is a good practice. When you need to stop a VI, it generally come down to ending loop early. For the "for" loop, you should use a right click on it, and clic on "show condition terminal" (I'm not sure it's the exact name in English) and use that to stop your VI. You can also use a while loop.

I joined a simple example, with both the for and while loops.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,733 Views)

You're using the "Run Continuously" button, aren't you?  Use a proper loop, instead.  That button is only for troubleshooting and experimentation.  Actually, I wish it would just go away.  It mostly just gets newbie LabVIEW programmers into trouble.

Including me, when I was but a young pup.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 3 of 3
(2,684 Views)