LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use same controls in different tabs

hi,

is there any way to use same control(switch) in different tabs in a vi, if i can't able to do it then how to update the value of switch between tabs

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,370 Views)

No.

You have a couple options.

1.  Have a single control that is not on any tab.  Have it be visible or not, and location placed (via. property nodes) depending on which tab is visible at the the time.

2.  Have multiple controls on the respective tabs.  Have an event structure that is fired by the Value change property on each of those controls.  When a control is updated, then have the event structure update the value of all the other "duplicate" controls.

Message 2 of 13
(5,358 Views)

i am using latch mechanical action so icant able usenvalue change property then how to solve this...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,348 Views)

You could not make it latch action.  Let it be regular and have the event structure reset the control back to the False state once the event case executes.

That or use the other option I gave of a single control that is not on any tabs, but floats over the tab control with visibility and position controlled by the currently visible tab.  (Probably also driven by an event structure trigger off the tab control value change.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,334 Views)

how to do that first case please share a example vi.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,327 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,306 Views)

it is for using same controls in different pages of same tab, but i want same control to be used in different pages of different tab

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(5,287 Views)
If you are using latch mechanical, simply duplicate the same control in every tab you need, include every control the same event case...
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(5,267 Views)
Another solutuon could be to leave the control floating over the tab without put it in a particouar page. The only problem is that you see this control in all tab pages...
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(5,257 Views)

how to make control float in each ntab please share some example vi

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(5,248 Views)