LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use method of one class in other class.

Hi.I am new to object orient approach .I am developing a project which has a class as application .My class has it state control as another class which is notification class.I want to use my notification class method (init)in my application class method .i have also used read and write accessors vis.But i have broken lines in my code.Please help me correct it. and print screen is attached below.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,477 Views)
Why does LabVIEW say the wires are broken?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,468 Views)

I see one broken wire due to 2 sources.  Not sure what is happening inside of the FOR loop though.  Can you post your project (or at least a reduced version that shows the issue)?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,453 Views)

On the left, you have wired 2 sources on the same tunnel/wire, so that's 1 broken wire.

In the For loop, you are trying to wire a "Red" object from the first subVI to the input of the "Green" subVI, so a "Green" object. If Red is not a descendant class of Green (or share a common ancestor), it is not permitted.

FInally, the output of the For loop, is a 1D array of "Green" objects, which is probably not the same data type as the input of the last subVI on the right (it's probably a "Green" object scalar).

Overall, you can use the "List Errors" dialog box (Ctrl+L) to debug your code, and make exhaustive use of the contextual help (Ctrl+H) to see what is going on when focusing a broken wire.

Regards 🙂

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,427 Views)