LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use cursor.posx node with a timestamp?

I have an xy graph with timestamp x axis and I need to programmatically set cursor to an initial value.  I set the property node on the graph to active cursor, convert the timestamp to a double and then write it to the cursor.posx attribute but the cursor does not move to this position when I run my vi.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,268 Views)

Hey,

Did you try it like this:

by Christian M

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,251 Views)

Dear Christian,

Your post was missing the attachment or link or picture(whatever it is that is not visible)

could you please repost again

[Edit: It was like in my attachment] 

Thanks,

Mathan
Message Edited by mathan on 09-11-2008 05:53 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,248 Views)

Strange.....I can see it...however thanks! I attached it now.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,243 Views)

Dear Christian,

It may be a browser issue. Am using IE8.

Anyhow thanks for the attachment.

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,239 Views)

Hi and thanks.  I added the bundle and fed the double into it and added an integer element to the bundle like you did.  I had to change the property node from cursor.posx to cursor all so it could take the output from the bundle.  These changes do indeed make my cursors move to the correct initial position when I run the vi.  I have 2 questions about this change.  What is the logic of the integer element in the bundle and what value should go in there?  My second question is what is the logic behind doing both the x and y position of the cursor as opposed to my original use of only the x position?  Again thanks for your help---I'm getting the results I want but I don't understand why it is working this way.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,212 Views)

Hi,

I tried it as shown in the attachment (only X pos.) and it also worked. Not sure why Christian used the X and Y positions.

Eli S.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 7 of 8
(3,178 Views)

The solution is in the attachment

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,643 Views)