From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to upload test data to SFIS via webservice

Solved!
Go to solution

hi everyone,

I need to upload test data to SFIS via webservice, and service will feedback the result.,  but I have no idea about web service.

I need to submit this asap. Can anyone write this .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,868 Views)

First, explain waht "SFIS" means.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,859 Views)
SFIS :Shop Floor Integrated System , same as MES (Manufacturing Execution System)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,830 Views)

You'll have to look at that system first and find out what ways it behaves as a webservice.  What kind of commands it requires in order to send it data.

Look in LabVIEW example finder for examples on how to communicate with webpages.  Search for the term "webservice" and you'll find a few.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,819 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author huyang
You need to start with the vendor. How do they want the data presented? HTTP put and get operations? The HTML client VIs can do that.

Who makes the network-based thingy to which you are trying to send your data? That would be helpful to know. You see SFIS, MES or LIMS are all very general terms that actually communicate very little useful information (see also: "buzzwords ").

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 5 of 6
(2,800 Views)

thanks for  all, 

this case is urgent and must be dealt with at once,

so I just generate the SFIS information in txt file.My customer read the txt file and upload data to SFIS via webservice.

now, i will spend more time to try it with labview

thanks again for your support.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,723 Views)