LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to synchronise with two monitors

Dear NI,
                  I have an application, for that i want to show the two different screens with different mesurement values. i am using CRT and LCD screens. in CRT screens i am running main vi in this screens i have configuration, testsettings, trendmill,and operator name etc. are displayed, i need  the seperate screens for to show measurement values to another screen. how , is it possible to do this?  can able to two diferent exe with diferent monitors? and how to synchronise two monitors for my application.

Balaji DP
Application Engineer,
Gantner Instruments.

Labview 8.5 Version
Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(3,465 Views)
Hi Balaji,

I wondered if you could give me a little more information about your hardware set up.  Are these two screens running off a single computer?  Or are they touch panels?  I am a little unclear about what you mean by synchronising them.

Regards,
James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(3,460 Views)
I just thought an idea for to do this....but i am not done this...

i seen some plants most of there they are using Touch panels or HMI for viewing measurement values for Big screens. even along with they may use PC for controlling and logging the data.

i just thought about now only, may be possible with labview....

i just asking to you, i have single CPU two monitors , one screen to show main vi and others (Monitor) screens to show mesurement values
Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(3,454 Views)

Hi Balaji,

So if you have an extended desktop across two monitors then I would say you had two options.

1. Within one VI you could simple design the front panel in such a way that it extends across both screens with the relevant information in the right screen.  The fact that there are two monitors present is transparent to the applications.

2. With two VIs there is a property for front panels to choose which monitor they are displayed on.  This is available by wiring a VI reference to a property node and selecting front panel window >> monitor.  You then enter an id for the monitor you want it to be displayed on, this is a numeric e.g. your primary monitor will be zero. You can see the property node help page here

I hope this is the information you are after.

Regards,

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
Message 4 of 20
(3,447 Views)
hi,
           i tried this vi properties using monitors... but still i can view same vi's are running in two monitor. i am using my laptop for primary display, and second display for LCD projector.

is there anything to change in labview.ini file?

balaji dp
Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(3,427 Views)
also i set changes in display properties. i set my notebook as a primary and lcd projector as a monitor.
Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(3,425 Views)
This is my programme... labview 8.5 version
Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(3,423 Views)

Hi,

I have just tested your code and it didnt work at first but it seems that perhaps windows doesn't zero index it's monitors so I would suggest trying references 1 and 2 and see if that works for you.

Also I attach your code using a this VI reference instead of open reference, this will ensure it will work on any machine as well as if you move the VI.

Regards, 

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(3,408 Views)
please find this attachment, i tried with monitor 1 and 2, instead of 0 and 1 .. i gets erorrs like this....

is there any changes have to do in labview .ini file?
Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(3,383 Views)
Thanks James,
                              I got it....!

Regards,
Balaji DP
Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos