LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to switch on and off part of the "control panel"

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to know if part of the control panel can be switched on and off by external action, as using the mouse or a boolean variable. Has someone any idea that coul help? Thanks

Ricardo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,702 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RicardoFer

You can disable controls using the property node and the property "Disabled". You could create a tab control and disable the whole tab control, which will disable everything inside of it.

To do this programmatically, set up your code with an event structure and create an event for when the user changes the value of a button or clicks the mouse.

See example I made:

Disable.png

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 2 of 6
(2,699 Views)

James: thank you very much!! I will use your suggestion. Regards

Ricardo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,684 Views)

I am trying to implement the solution you suggest, but I am having trouble with the use of the property node and the tab control; could you please send me the vi?

Thanks a lot

Ricardo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,665 Views)

It's not a tab, I just created an array of all the control references I wanted to disable.

The above image is a Snippet. If you have LabVIEW 2014 or newer, you can drag it on to your block diagram as code. It's quite simple to make yourself though as well.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,654 Views)

AAAAh!! Sorry, I miss understand. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,642 Views)