LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to study a class.

Dear

Recently, I opened the examples of LV.
In many examples, I can find the CLASS as shown in my attachment.
but how to obtain the information of the class for various purposes?

In addition, I would like to see other examples using events.
Could you give me your example code which used the event structure?

Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,068 Views)
attachment here!.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,056 Views)

You can find a tutorial about this here, but I don't know of anywhere you can officially find the class tree. You can learn about each specific property by right clicking it and selecting Help for...

You can also find some tutorials and examples about events by searching this site and if those aren't enough, you can search the forums and find many examples. You should also read the chapter in the user manual about events.

(3,050 Views)

I have been waiting for NI to make a nice poster (2'X3' or larger) of the class tree of the classes of the vi server (gObjects . . .) But I haven't seen one.  For the few grand it costs to get the developers suite, I don't think it is too much to ask for.  Microsoft has done this with Visual Studio for the MFC and .Net framework.  A labview version would really brighten up our cubicles, and save us hours of wasted time scrolling through the class hierarchy, property and invoke nodes.  As far as I know there isn't a good class tree for labview.  O yeah, if Ni wants to be on the cheap, they could convert this to a virtual poster and post it online for all to see.

Paul

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,024 Views)
BTW, there was a VI which created the class tree (as a tree control) in the scripting board of the LAVA forum. Try searching it for "hierarchies".

(3,007 Views)

Can you tell me what is LAVA?

How to reach there?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,997 Views)

LAVA is another forum, which usually deals with more advanced stuff. You can find it (just like anything else) by searching google.

However, my advice was for Paul. My advice to you is to stay far away from LAVA's scripting board. Scripting is very powerful, but it is also an advanced feature and unsupported. If you were to run the VI I mentioned, you would get many classes which are not usually exposed and which would not help you. I modified the VI to extract only the public class and the result is attached. It may be missing some class, but I think most of them should be there. You should also consider the fact that this doesn't have the properties and methods, just the classes.

Thanks I thought I saw it on LAVA but it still would be nice to have a large colorful copy in UML like format (Class diagrams).
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,955 Views)

Endevo recently created a new tool (UML Modeler) that integrates with their GOOP Inheritance Toolkit.  The UML Modeler has two features that may be of interest.  One is the ability the generate UML Class diagrams from your code developed with the GIT.  The other allows you to draw UML Class diagrams and auto generate LabVIEW code.  These features allows you to easily sync your design with your actual implementation. 

For more info check out http://www.endevo.se/default.asp?lang=eng

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,944 Views)
This is not exactly a UML diagram, but it should still be helpful.

(2,870 Views)