Allison M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(2,046 Views)

Hi Ranjeet,

I noticed that you posted a similar question here, and that it was responded to.  Did this answer your question or are you still in need of assitance on this issue?

Regards,

Kira T

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(2,036 Views)

Perhaps this would be helpful

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(2,006 Views)

My question is basically to find dynamically COM port(Which is actually VIRTUAL com port). In all the PCs there are 6 USB ports,4 in Back & 2 in front. If user will inserts the USB then VIRTUALLY one COM port will be created which is COM5(say). Later if user remove & connect to the other USB port then again will create one VIRTUAL port COM6(say). Then also if through visa property node "VISA interface information --> Interface description" it will display both COM 5 & 6 as property of VIRTUAL com port.So how programmer will find that in which usb port is now in use....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,987 Views)

Hi Ranjeet,

One way to do this would be to query for the device.  This example shows how to do this for a serail device that is connected to the COM Port.  I hope this helps.

Regards,

Kira T

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,971 Views)

If possible can you please send me this code. In the image its not at all visible properly. 

Actually i found the way but it takes 3 second to find the correct COM port. I hope your looks better.

Thanks a lot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,954 Views)

If you click on the pictures, you will see them at full scale..

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,947 Views)
And as already explained, you use the VISA Find Resources function. After that, it is all code that would be custom to the instrument you have connected.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,937 Views)

Thanks a lot

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,917 Views)