cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send command to power supply QL355P through GPIB in labview

Solved!
Go to solution

hi,

i am using QL355P power supply, DUT and 3rd party usbCAN.

I want to send command to power supply to switch OFF/ON so that my DUT under goes restart,using labview.

i dont no about hoe to send gpib commands in labview

is any can help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,890 Views)

Hi sandy,

you may use VISA to send commands to GPIB (or other ports)...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,889 Views)

Please stick to one of the original posts in which you started asking this question.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=413521

Let me give you a few etiquette suggestions about the discussion forums that will allow you to get the answers to questions you have quickly and efficiently.

1. Don't ask the same question in multiple threads.  It just scatters the responses you get from different people all over the place.  It also wastes people's time if they answer a question that has already been answered in one of your other message threads.
  2. Ask clear questions telling what you want to do and where your problem is.
  3. Spell correctly.  Don't use text message abbreviations.  Use clear English.  (e.g." i dont no about hoe to send gpib commands in labview is any can help me" should be "I don't know how to send GPIP commands in LabVIEW.  Can anyone help me?"
  4. If you have an error, don't say "It doesn't work".  Tell why it doesn't work.  What results are you getting and what results are you expecting. If you have an error code come up during operation, give the error code number and a description.
  5. Use the search functions of the board to find messages similar to your issue.
  6. Read lots and lots of messages before you post.  You may find your question has already been asked and answered.
  7. Read the LabVIEW Help.
  8. Look in LabVIEW's example finder.
  9. Turn on context help and hover over things in the palettes and in block diagrams to learn details about particular functions.
  10. Take the tutorials that are offered free online.
  11. If you have the means, take the LabVIEW courses offered by NI.
  12. Once you've done all of this, then post on the forums with a question.
  13. When you get a response, try out the suggestions.  Nothing is more annoying when someone  in along thread of messages reverts back to code that didn't work 3 days ago, yet they insist on that is the way they want to do it.
  14. If you make a mistake in a message, or need to add an attachment after you posted, use the Edit command from Options menu in the upper right corrner of the message.  You have 10 minutes to resubmit the edited post.  This saves have multiple messages fill up the screen where not much information is added with each message.
  15. When posting a VI, make sure it is clean.  Don't have a block diagram that takes up 50 screens.  Make sure wiring runs from left to right.  Don't have hidden or overlapping structures.  Don't have wires with hundreds of bends.  If it is too complicated, it is too difficult for others to figure out what you are trying to do.  If you can make a copy of your VI and eliminate anything that doesn't pertain to your problem.  Just have the parts of the code you are having issues with.  Post the VI with data saved as default in its controls or indicators so that people can see the issue right away and not have to guess that control A has to be set to 100 or anything like that in order to get it to run.
  16. ........
Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 06-04-2009 09:05 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,879 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sandy1
Let's focus on the other thread, as Ravens Fan suggests. Please post there instead of here.
Jeff | LabVIEW Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,860 Views)