LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to select data from excel within certain range?

hi all, i am having an application where i am reading data from an excel sheet. in my case i am taking the date as an input from the user in range i.e starting date and end date in dd-mm-yy format( or to to from)and then i have to read the data of all dates which come between given range by the user....

how can i do it????

can anyone help......

thanks in advance.........

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,762 Views)

Have you tried the in range and coerce.vi

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,759 Views)
no...i dont have idea about it........is the vi used for selecting range from the excel sheet?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,753 Views)
okkk....i got it now...but how this vi can be used to read the data within given range of date from excel sheet?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,752 Views)

Try this.

You will have to modify this program if month is different in "To" and "From" Controls.It will not work for that.Smiley Wink

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,750 Views)

thanks for the vi....

but what i intend to do is i want to get date range from user and then i want to read the data corresponding to that date range from excel sheet by comparing it with the date colomn in excel...

by problem is how should i seperate datre,month,year from the combined format and how to again comapre it with the date in excel column.......

can any1 tell me how to do that............

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,710 Views)

Did you get the solution for your question ?

I have the same requirement,

1. Here, the user will provide the range like maximum and minimum values, then the VI should capture the data within the given range. ( from CSV file as attached )

2. Then VI should calcluate the average value for captured data and export it to excel.

This is my requirement can anyone help me on this.  

Many thanks in advance

rc_cks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,820 Views)

I would suggest that you start a new Thread, rather than hijacking this one.  Your problem is different, your data set is different, and your needs are different.

When you do pose your problem, please clarify if you are looking for a solution that uses Excel (which implies working with Excel files, .xls and .xlsx, as well, possibly, as .csv) or with text files that follow the .csv format.  Do post the code that you are developing, and explain where you are having problems.

Note that this is not a place to hire LabVIEW coders to do your work for you, but a place to come for sharing knowledge/experience and getting help with solving your own problems.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,781 Views)