LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to save flow control data and time

Hi, 

I have program that controls 2 flow controllers. I set a certain flow and they change the flowrate of the gas. Now I would like to save this flow that I am using for each flow controllers and the time, so I can keep track of at which time during experiment I had this flow of gas nr 1 and gas nr 2. 

Is there a way to do this?

I am a niewbie in LABVIEW. I have tried looking at youtube and tried different write to file funtions but its not working. At best I get an txt file with 3 colums name that I give each coulmn but no data following. ie,.

nitrogen   methane  time 

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,546 Views)

Hello,

You can use File I/O functions from Block diagram function pallet. You can choose file option from it depend on your file type i.e. Text, CSV, TDMS, etc.

I think as per your GUI you should go with CSV type file where you can easily write and read data from LabVIEW.

Where ever you are taking reading of gas flow just after it you can arite data in to file with time stamp. Its not much complex task, you can do it easily by exploring LabVIEW functions.

Vinal Gandhi, CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,528 Views)

How do I get the present time in hh:min:ss to be saved in the text file?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,523 Views)

@Hologram wrote:

How do I get the present time in hh:min:ss to be saved in the text file?

You can use the Get Date/Time String or, if you really want to dig into some fun stuff, use the Format Into String function.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,506 Views)