From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to save data into the excel sheet each time when i run my VI

Yes, that is what I described above.  If you try it, you might find that the first time (when the output file does not yet exist), it hangs, but it is a simple matter to test whether you are creating the file "from scratch" (in which case it won't exist, and you should not wire it in as a Template) or it does (in which case you should).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(951 Views)

Sorry for very late reply, i here with attached my code.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(907 Views)

Hi Swathi,

Many people gave some nice ideas & suggestions.

Update your code accordingly. If your facing any issues (still), post your code.

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(889 Views)

Please take at least the very first LabVIEW Tutorial and learn about Data Flow.  One of the best ways to specify the order of function execution is to put them in order on the Error Line.  In contrast, probably the worst way to specify the order of steps is to use a Stacked Frame sequence.

I described (and Munna basically showed) exactly how to use the Report Generation Toolkit's Excel functions to solve your problem.  You chose to not try our suggestions (which is, of course, your right).

My suggestion for further improving your code is (a) remove the Stacked Frame (get rid of the Frame, altogether), (b) use the Error Line to tie functions in execution order, and (c) generate the Excel Report using the methods that I outline and that Munna illustrated.

Bob Schor

Message 14 of 15
(861 Views)

P.S. -- consider modifying your VI's icon -- it is less helpful than the Generic NI Icon.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(854 Views)