LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to save changes to downloaded instrument driver

I am using downloaded Tk278x drivers. The default address is different from my what I want. I tried to change the address in the VIs. But I am not lucky. How can I do it? Many thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,143 Views)
Is the problem that you can not ever change the address, or that your changes are lost when you reload the program?

Les.Hammer@CompleteTest.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,143 Views)
It looks like this is a driver that Tektronix wrote and donated to the Instrument Driver library. The VIs on the palette are a mix of examples and instrument driver VIs, and the examples hard-code the GPIB address. (The instrument driver VIs have the white background on the icon, and the examples have a gray background.)

So, if you are interested in using one of the examples in your application, I would make a copy of just that example VI. Be sure to rename the VI when you make a copy. (E.g., "My TEK 278X.vi". Otherwise, since LabVIEW only allows one VI of the same name in memory at a time, your application might link to the original VI in instr.lib.) Ensure that all of your VIs reference the new copy, and not the VI with the original name in instr.lib.

In these examples, it appears that there's a string constant on the diagram that you just need to change from "1" to whatever your GPIB address is.

I hope this helps.

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,143 Views)