LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to save array of data(8000 numeric values) generated using whileloop in excel

i have generated some 8000numeric values using whileloop, i need to save these values in excel i.e all values in a single column and 8000rows. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,051 Views)

Instead of saving that data using Excel (requires .NET or ActiveX!) i recommend you to save the data in a spreadsheet format.

Excel can be configured to use spreadsheets very easily, so you can import the data very fast.

Note that this recommendation is valid for "small" files only (somehwere less than 100MB). For more data, you shouldn't use ASCII based files.....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,024 Views)

thankyou for the reply. i have tried out spreadsheet (wrie to spreadsheet)option in labview, but after running the program the file in which the data is stored is not opening, getting  (file format error).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,012 Views)

Can you post your VI?

It sounds like an atypical file corruption....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,009 Views)

In this code, after initialising the values in an array i need to save these valus in an excel sheet for further processing.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,002 Views)

This VI does not create a spreadsheet file.

In your VI, you never use the "Save to File" function from the Office Report Generation Toolkit. Also, you split the report to add different stuff which seems to be invalid (serialize it using the wire!).

The approach i suggested is simply to use "Write SpreadSheet File" and pass the numeric data as 2D array to it....

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,998 Views)

Here i have used write to spreadsheet icon, but im getting an error (file extension)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,991 Views)

What are you using for a file name?  My guess is that you are trying to save it with an xls or xlsx extension.  You cannot do that since the Write To Spreadsheet File cannot save data in the Microsoft's propriatary format used for xls ans xlsx files.  Use txt for your extension.  Excel will still open it up just fine.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 8 of 8
(2,977 Views)