LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to run program without labview software??

While I've never tested it, I don't think the EXE stops working after so many days.  I guess NI assumes anyone making an EXE (especially for a production environment) isn't going to be happy with the "Evaluation" watermark on every pane of every window.  If I was Ford and came to a suppliers location where they were testing Ford components, and their software had evaluation on it I would be pretty upset.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,030 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

While I've never tested it, I don't think the EXE stops working after so many days.  I guess NI assumes anyone making an EXE (especially for a production environment) isn't going to be happy with the "Evaluation" watermark on every pane of every window.  If I was Ford and came to a suppliers location where they were testing Ford components, and their software had evaluation on it I would be pretty upset.

True enough for the Fords of the world, but it would be a boon for small companies that just need some in-house testing software on the cheap.  They could write it in LabVIEW Eval and make a EXE, then whenever they need to upgrade/fix/add code just have a different employee download the Eval version again and have another 52 days of free LabVIEW.  Smiley Happy  Not that I'm suggesting anyone should do that! Smiley Wink

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(995 Views)

@NIquist wrote:

@Hooovahh wrote:

True enough for the Fords of the world, but it would be a boon for small companies that just need some in-house testing software on the cheap.  They could write it in LabVIEW Eval and make a EXE, then whenever they need to upgrade/fix/add code just have a different employee download the Eval version again and have another 52 days of free LabVIEW.  Smiley Happy  Not that I'm suggesting anyone should do that! Smiley Wink

My eyes!!!  I am blind!!!  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(988 Views)

@NIquist wrote:

then whenever they need to upgrade/fix/add code just have a different employee download the Eval version again and have another 52 days of free LabVIEW.

I think you over estimate how well the NI evaluation date check works.  The process is much more simple to extend a trial.  And those types of companies will probably just pirate the NI software anyway.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(979 Views)

I assumed that this would be done on a separate computer each time.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(963 Views)

Well I'm not complaining if it means more LabVIEW users.  That's better for all of us dedicated customers.  My company just bought a huge package of engineering support, site licenses, hardware and training credits Smiley Very Happy from NI (and Bloomy) so I guess their policies reflect their confidence in the future.  Plus there's the new $50 LabVIEW Home Edition which also shows they would rather bring new users to LabVIEW than quibble over a few dollars in licencing fees.  I'm sure they also know that once you get into LabVIEW it's not long before you're drooling over the advanced toolkits and NI Hardware.  They must make good profits on that.  Smiley Wink

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(910 Views)