LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to run more then 1 event at a same time.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i am looking for logic about how to make start/reset switch.

in my case i have made one switch name start by pressing that one can start operation ,now i want to make same switch for reset means during one execution one can reset the operation any time.

means i have to design one switch which gives two function simentaniously that start and reset.

here in attachment i attach simple program in that i want that i can reset my operation  any time ,and i can stop execution at any time.

please help me...

thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,814 Views)

To put it simply, you need to rearchitect.  You should not have a test or sequence running inside of the event structure.  You should have another loop that runs a state machine or the like and send commands to it using a queue.  You can have a Start, Stop, and Reset commands.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 15
(2,810 Views)

thank you for reply,

can you please expalin me step by step.as i m first time dealing with event case.

what kind of changes i need to do in order to have start/reset and stop button,which i can execute at any time during running vi.

thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,805 Views)

Hello,

I made some cahnges in my vi but still i am not able to pause my execution in middle or any time.

will you please guide me that waht kind of cahnges i need to do in my vi.

thank you very much in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,728 Views)

It is healthier to use Latest version of the software but atleast while posting for queries please post it in an older version (2009).

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,721 Views)

hello,

here i post in 2009 version,i want to make one pause button in that so i can pause my execution at any time when i want.

or can it possible to have reset button in this so when ever i press reset then my program will start from begining even in middle of execution if i press reset then at a time its execute reset command.

thank you very much in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,711 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnkitRamani

Let you start with fresh.

1. File-> New

2. From Template -> Design Pattern -> ProducerConsumerEvents

3. Add Run & Pause cases in Producer

4. Add 'State 1,2,3,4 and stop run cases in consumer.

5. Change the Mechanical Action property of the 'Pause' control

For this you need to know about 'State Machine Concept'

Regards,

Yogesh Redemptor

Regards,
Yogesh Redemptor
Message 7 of 15
(2,699 Views)

Thank you very much yogesh,

i will learn labview and now i ll concentrate on this concept.

thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,690 Views)

hello,

here i am attaching my vi.

can you please tell me that how can i make pause and reset button on it so user can perform that operation at any time.

Thank you very much.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,587 Views)

Guide me please..

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,550 Views)