From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remove error code-120 in labview?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I am using LabVIEW 13 and GPIB for communicating with the device keithley 2410.

I made a program of staircase sweep programming with the help of keithley 2400 user manual but on interfacing it is giving "error code-120" i.e. numeric data error.

Can anyone please tell me how to remove this error and also check my program with the commands.

Regards

sak16091991

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,140 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sak16091991

Hi sak,

you should determine the exact command which yields that "error -120" message of the Keithley.

ymanglik should be able to explain the procedure by now, he uses the same device with similar problems 🙂

I guess it's related to that part of code:

check.png

What's the reason to use FormatIntoString here? Why add a constant number to the string? Why not just write the number in the string constant? Where should the number be attached? Right at the end?

Btw. you don't need that sequence structure - it's all in the DATAFLOW!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,127 Views)

Hello everyone,

I made this program of keithley 2410 for source V and measure I. It is woking but when i give negative voltage so it doesn't work so please tell me which command I should use to set negative range of voltage.

I am sending you my code.(attached)

urgentlly!!!

Regards

sak16091991

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,116 Views)

Hi sak,

why do you have the exactly same problem as ymanglik? At the same time? Just coincidence?

Are you the same person as ymanglik or are you working in the very same team?

Please don't create double posts for the very same topic!

You already got a link to ymanglik's thread so please read that thread and follow all suggestions made over there!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,097 Views)

Hello GerDs,

I dont know ymanglik about whom you are talking.

My program is running fine with MIN, MAX, START and STOP parameters but as I go for numeric values , I get numeric error. So please tell which command I should use to debug this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,063 Views)

Hi sak,

did you read ymangliks thread? We already told him how to solve those problems - in several messages of that thread!

Even when you don't know him: you both have the same problem and you both need to take the same steps to solve it.

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,056 Views)