LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to realize look up table

hello ,

I have prepare a programme to aquire temperature. for this I am geeting voltage signal which I have converted into sensor resistance .now problem is that I don't know how to realize look up table for temperature value corrospond to theseresistance values.for example:

R       T

1        24

2        37   

3        46

4        54

5        68

6        70

I want to change R value to ts corrospond T value ,for this how to realize a look up table in labview programming???

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,544 Views)

What kind of sensor is this?

When working with an NI device, you can include the scaling information in your DAQmx task which makes things easier for the developer.

Otherwise, you have to chose whether you want some kind of interpolation or a strict "value table". Depending on that decision, your code has to either use a simple table (as you posted) or to interpolate the measurement value against the table.

If you are scaling your values in your custom program, you have to use a 2D array with the R and T values just like you wrote it in the post. Then you have to compare your measured R against the R-column in order to search for the closest value and then pick the appropriate T value from the T-column.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,527 Views)

try to find time reading this thread !

Thank you & Best regards
syrpimp

=======================================================
“You must continue to gain expertise, but avoid thinking like an expert." -Denis Waitley
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,525 Views)

This is one method:

Lookup Table.png

Note that it will only work if there is a matching R value (will return 0 if no match) and doesn't interpolate between values. There are more advanced functions for doing interpolations in the Mathematics->Interpolation palette and some in the Array palette.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,519 Views)