LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to read data from data base so as to display as combo box control option

hi
    i have stored some data in a table of database.now i want to use a combo box in front panel so as to have all data of that table as a option to select between then...i should be able to select any data so as to use as some input for some other program.......eg i have stored 5 names in a table.....now is it possilble to have a combo box with all those names as an input option to select from them....

Abhimaniu
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,895 Views)
Hi Abhimaniu,
do you mean like this?

Hope it helps.
Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 05-29-2008 10:43 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,884 Views)
hi MIKE
   My problem is that the data which is stored in  DATABASE is to be displayed in combo box.....that data is like instrument name or other such thing......that data in combo box should also behave as control to program......
In my case i have stored many gpib assresss of various instruments in my database table..eg 1,2,3,4,5.....Now i have written some program to read some data from instrument........for that i need to gpib address of that particular instrument ......now i want that combo box should show all the gpib address stored in database and i can  select any address among the displayed address and that value should be used in that program.
Abhimaniu
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,855 Views)

Mike showed you how to update the combo box. Do you need help in how to read a database? Do you have the database toolkit?

p.s. Using a database to store GPIB addresses might be a bit overkill. If you use a VISA Resource Name control, the addresses of all available instruments are available in the control itself. You can even assign aliases to the instruments so that you get to see something meaningfull (i.e. 'DMM' instead of GPIB0::7::INSTR).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,847 Views)