LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to read data from FESTO MPS work-station using easyport in Labview ?

Hello!

I am working on a festo MPS PA compact workstation and I have connected the system to the PC using the EasyPort.

So far, I can send commands to the system to turn on some components like Pump, Heater, Pressure Valve. But the problem is that I could not read the data from the sensors at the system like the tank level and the temperature of the water.

attached is the vi file for what I have done so far

I would really appreciate your help!!

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,983 Views)

cise438,

thanks for the forum post. Are you not able to read any values? or are you getting incorrect values? Are the reads from the sensors digital reads or analog reads?

Applications/Systems/Test
National Instruments | AWR Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,935 Views)
I am not able to get any value, and according to the system manual, the sensors readings are analog Thanks for responding..
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,930 Views)

According to the code you posted I only see Digital read and writes occuring. is this correct? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,925 Views)

Yes, that is correct. But also i have tried to use the same easyport function after changing it to (read Analog Input), and I attached an indecator, It did not work and I am not sure where to connect its reference.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,907 Views)

cise438, 

do you have an documentaion for the easyport activex control? unfortunately, i do not have access to the control. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,883 Views)

is there an associated api or program that came with the MPS work station that would allow you to verify that the sensors are operational?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,878 Views)

Hi

I hope that you are doing fine

Just can you please tell me how did you create those global variables and how to use the invoke node. Cause it only shows that i have 1 digout and 1digin but in the festo workstation i have more than that.

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,816 Views)

Hi Samidj72,

This is an old thread. I would suggest creating a new one to get some fresh eyes on your issue.

Jiwhan S.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,806 Views)

Hi JiwhanS

thanks for your response 

i have my graduation essay this year and i have to control the festo work-station and i don't fully understand the activex control 

can you please help me 

or give me your email so i will be easy to contact you 

and thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,797 Views)