LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to read and display a signal from my a miccrontroller (MCB1700) onto labview connected via a CAN port on a PXI machine

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I did all the necessary configurations but when i tried to run the CAN Receive.vi example, it gave me this error:

Error -1074388957 occurred at NI-CAN Configure
Network Interface Object
(ncConfigCANNet.vi)

Possible reason(s):

NI-CAN:  (Hex 0xBFF62023) The Interface is invalid or unknown.  Solution: Verify that the interface is assigned to a specific port within the Devices and Interfaces branch of  the Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX).

Can anyone please help me out and tell me what exactly is the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(408 Views)

What CAN port are you using? Can you see your CAN port show up under your PXI-8461 in MAX?

It sounds to me like the CAN port you're selecting in the program does not exist.  That's why we need to verify that it shows up in MAX and such.

Colden
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(393 Views)

Actually, what it sounds like is that you're not correctly configuring your project. Have you added your PXI to your project, and did you add the CAN example to your project as well? The VI will need to know that it is supposed to be referencing CAN ports that are on a PXI system.

Colden
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(390 Views)

I  did all that and im now capable of running the canreceive VI example without getting any errors. im just wondering how i can verify if this VI is doing what its supposed to be. I have a programmed MCB1700 board connected to PXI 8461 I/O card.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(381 Views)