LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to read analog input channels from a R-series board for (PXI-7851R)

Solved!
Go to solution

Can you please guide me with the steps for reading analog input from a r series board. I am using PXI-7851R as the fpga target.

Regards,
KM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,920 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KevinKM

Did you look at the examples that ship with LabVIEW? There are examples showing how to read analog inputs.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,905 Views)

Thanks for your info.I have gone thro examples for R series. It was very much helpful. I was able to read the analog input channels in the FPGA VI. I have to conduct a Loop back test i.e i have to get the Analog Output from the target device for the corresponding Analog Input. Can you please help me out with this. I am using PXI-7851R as Fpga target and a M series connector0 SCB-68.

Regards,
KM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,894 Views)

Thanks for your info.I have gone thro examples for R series. It was very much helpful. I was able to read the analog input channels in the FPGA VI. I have to conduct a Loop back test i.e i have to get the Analog Output from the target device for the corresponding Analog Input. Can you please help me out with this. I am using PXI-7851R as Fpga target and a M series connector0 SCB-68.

Regards,
KM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,873 Views)

Do I understand correctly that you read e.g. AI1 and want to write this value to AO1? Where exactly do you have a problem doing this? What did you try so far?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,868 Views)

Thanks dan_u,        

I have read AI1, its working fine., the problem is with writing this to AO1, i am not sure on how to go about it. I am a beginner in labview. PL help me with this.

Regards,
KM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,862 Views)

What is the problem with writing to AO1? Show some code.

The easiest setup I could think of is a loop running at 750 kHz (maximum AI speed), read AI, wire the value to a feedback node, wire feedback node output to AO.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,854 Views)

Thanks dan_u,

I could find a sloution to the problem. I am getting the analog output at the AO0 channel.  i am able to measure the RMS voltage using Multimeter at the AO0 channel.. Real problem is I am not able to acquire the signal in the oscilloscope. Is there a problem with the connector device? Does the connector device needs external power supply? i am unable to figure it out.  The connector device is unable to drive the voltage to the oscilloscope. Pl help me out with this.

Please find the attachments

Regards,
KM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,829 Views)