LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to protect labview application from piracy

Solved!
Go to solution

To start creating an application for the market, the first thing that comes in mind are the piracy issue.

So i wanted to know how a labview based application could be saved from piracy.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,994 Views)

Hi Intelligent,

What type of piracy are you concerned about?  If you are worried about someone reverse-engineering your code, you can guard against that by simply compiling your code into an executable before deployment.  There are more advanced options as well, and there are even techniques that allow you to add licensing to your code.  However, what do you mean exactly, when you say "piracy?"

Wes Pierce
Principal Engineer
Pierce Controls
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,981 Views)

Thanks Wes P. I am actually concerned when someone creates a product i.e. an application for market. But he wants that only the purchaser can run it then, what techniques that could be employed in Labview to save your application from piracy.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,948 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Getwonder

The same licensing technology as LabVIEW

Message 4 of 8
(3,942 Views)

Thanks very much. 

Can you also post any demo video related to it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,903 Views)

Thanks very much. 

Can you also post any demo video related to it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,902 Views)

I want to sell LabView executable which can run only on one M or X seria DAQ card. So buyer send me card serial number, I send him custom protected .exe.

I guess that simple code in LabView application which check if S.Nr. is correct is not much secure, because of simple hacking. Any idea?

Application will not be expensive, maybe 50$, but will be interesting for thousands of user, so security is of great meaning.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,474 Views)

Hi Oldi,

This is an old thread, so you may get better response by creating a new thread.

I am not entirely clear on what you want to accomplish. You can use the DAQmx Device Property Node to obtain the serial number of the DAQ card in use along with additional information such as the type of card, the bus, and so on.

Regards,

Matthew B.
Offering Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,425 Views)