From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to programmatically detect a dirty dot in labview vi using labview scripting

Solved!
Go to solution

hi folks,

I'm trying to write a code which goes through a few VIs and check if they have a dirty dot using labview scripting but having a tough time trying to find a way to do this. is there a way i can do this? any help is greatly appreciated!

-S

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,231 Views)

What is dirty dot? You mean coercion dot?

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,229 Views)

when the code isnt saved or compiled, the asterisk that appears next to the vi name.

Message 3 of 8
(5,227 Views)

If you are having Labview 2009 or 10:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D4032A485C9F18C1862576D6007681F4

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,221 Views)

Uday,

I have labview 2013 and i am looking to write code that goes through all my VIs and reports if the code has unsaved changes. i want to know if it can done through labview scripting. more like a vi analyser kind of a thing but i need to look through VIs in a certain folder.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,218 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author socalscouser
Message 6 of 8
(5,206 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author socalscouser

VI property node, not even a scripting property called Modification >>  VIModificationsBit Set

I haven't used it myself,  but searching the properties, that looks like the right one.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,204 Views)

thanks Mathew! this was helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,186 Views)