LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to print to a usb thermal receipt printer

I recently bought a 58mm usb thermal recepit printer and i am having difficulty sending commands to the device. I was able to connect the device using the VISA device manger and know its a NI-Visa raw usb device. Using the example usb raw bulk example i can send text to the device, however i can't send commands to the printer, it will only print out the commands and not implement them. An example is if i wanted to print the logo the ASCII command is GS \ m, which m is used to alter the size. When i send the data the printer will just print that command on the receipt. My question is how do i send a command to the print and have the print know its a command. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,739 Views)
It's only USB RAW because you decided to use the VISA wizard and not the driver from the vendor. Before you did that, did you get the RAW details from the vendor? You need that. Did you try using the vendor's driver at all?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,710 Views)

I used the driver provided by the vendor at first and could test print, however I thought i had use labview wizard in order to have the device work in labview, i followed the USB instrument control tutorial. Also i ask the vendor for the usb raw information however they only responed by sending me a second copy of command codes that i already found.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,677 Views)
No, you should be able to use the driver from the vendor. The VISA Wizard is a last resort option and only if the vendor provides details on the protocol.

What is the make and model of printer?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,663 Views)

The printer is a USB Mini 58mm POS printer 384 line Thermal dot receipt printer. The brand is brainydeal and series is a USB POS Printer. I tried to use the vendor driver however I was unable to use USB raw with the device intill i used the wizard.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,643 Views)