LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to play a sound file on right and left speaker ??

Hi all,

My goal is to try to play a sound file with .wav (format) on the left and then on the right speaker and eventually to try to play

the sound file on both speakers. I have attached the code that shows what I have done so far, I tried to extract waveform data out of "Sound File Read.vi" however I was unfortunaly unsuccessful. So I would really appreciate if you guys can provide some help with this issue.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,710 Views)

DO NOT POST BITMAPS TO THE FORUM AND DO NOT CHANGE THE NAME OF THE FILE TO GET AROUND THE BAN!!!!!!

Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,706 Views)

Hi,

as others might want to look at that picture too I converted it to a "real" PNG file...

@nxb: Do you notice the shrink in filesize? Now it's just 1% of your file, but showing the exactly same content...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,688 Views)

Thank you GerdW for converting the file and I am very sorry for attaching a wrong format. I hope you guys can still help me on my issue.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,684 Views)

+1 for not posting a renamed bitmap.  Bitmaps make kitty sad. Cat Sad

Is your sound clip a single- or multi-channel recording?  If it's a single-channel file, you'll need to control the balance some other way.

Other option is to take that sound and edit the audio file so you have one file that's only left channel, another that's only right, and a third that's both.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,672 Views)

If I send an audio signal (music playing) into "Line In" port of the PC and use "Sound Input Read.vi" to read the audio data I am having difficulties to split that audio signal into individual speakers. I can hear the sound on both speakers but unfortunatelly I don't know how to edit the audio file or to split that signal so I can hear it either on right or left speaker. Any help will be greatlly appreciated.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,624 Views)

How are you generating the signal? What is the source?

Could you alter the balance there, at source, and record three files - left, right, both?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,611 Views)

Hi

My audio source is a cell phone that plays mp3 files. So I would connect an audio cable to my audio source and the other end of my audio cable to "Line In". I really do not have that flexibility to change the balance on my source in additon to that the goal is to be able to control the balance through LabVIEW. By the way I am using LV 8.5.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,600 Views)

But how do you change the frequencies in your codes? I am thinking if it's even makeing any sense to change the frequencies of one channel compared to another because the sound will become chaos.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,012 Views)