LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to off the boolean in automatic college bell system after 5 seconds?

Solved!
Go to solution

how to off the boolean in automatic college bell system after 5 seconds?...and also the bell has to ring only on working days....please help me

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,606 Views)

@saritha5 wrote:

how to off the boolean in automatic college bell system after 5 seconds?...and also the bell has to ring only on working days....please help me

what have you done so far? have you looked on the timing,elapsed timing, comparison and boolean palette...also do a search on timing

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,561 Views)

@saritha5 wrote:

SInce you posted here, I assume this is a LabVIEW question. Is it?

Is this a real physical bell? How is it interfaced to the code?

Since you only ask about turning it off after 5 seconds, I assume that you figured out how to turn it on. Can you show us what you have done so far?

LabVIEW has a rich timing palette and you should be able to figure out the day of the week. For example, you can use "format date/time string" with the format %A to get the weekday as follows:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,554 Views)

yes this was LABVIEW project... i have attached the file till i have done....could you please help me what should be done further?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,518 Views)

Saritha5,

Rather than controlling the bell directly from the equality comparisons, you should look for a transition from False to True in that comparison. You can use a shift register and the Implies function from the Boolean palette.

It is generally not a good idea to put long time delays in a program which allows user interaction.  If your user hits stop immediately after the bell starts, the program will not stop until the time for ringing has elapsed. A short delay for the loop and a comparison to a calculated "end of ringing" time is more responsive to users.

Consider putting the times the bell is to ring into an array. This allows an indefinite number of times without changing the code.

Consider using Timestamp controls rather than string controls for entering the bell times. With strings any typing errors or the slightest deviation from the correct format will result in the equality comparison being false.  Format the timestamp controls to show only the hours and minutes.  No matter what teh user types, only hours and minutes will be allowed.  Use Unbundle by Name on the block diagram for the comparisons as shown in the attached VI.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,495 Views)
Solution
Accepted by saritha5

basically pick the times the periods start and end, including the days of the weeks...

Spoiler
bell.png
Message 6 of 8
(2,469 Views)

its working....thank you soo much for your help....do you have any documentation or pdf report regarding this project?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,440 Views)

@saritha5 wrote:

its working....thank you soo much for your help....do you have any documentation or pdf report regarding this project?

then if it working....give kudos to whom have helped you and mark solution if answered...so that others will know as well, if faced with particular problem.

Message 8 of 8
(2,422 Views)