LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to merge Vis to have one common program

Dear All,

I have labVIEW programs written for position sequence, the positional measurement from optical micrometers and program for digitizer card measurements. I would like to have all three programs as one single Vi. I thought of building an application consisting of all three aforementioned programs as one .exe but I am really confused about where to start. Could someone guide to solve my requests? 

I will be attaching the Vis.

The purpose is to have a single program for a test bench that I am constructing for a Beam position monitor. The motion sequence Vi will move a wire, the optical micrometer will give positional information within its measurement range and the digitizer card will provide electrical information i.e. voltage induced at different electrodes due to different wire positions. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,197 Views)

Why would you want to do that? I haven't taken a look at your VIs, but....

In general, it is desirable to have a modular program architecture. If you need a single exe, you create a VI calling your modules.

If you are not familiar with modular programming you should become as soon as possible! You will be saving youself from a lot of pain in the future. Monolithic code will make you constantly re-write your code

For further information on the topic, you might use this as a starting point

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,182 Views)

Since all VI's can be used as sub-VI's, you basically need a new Main GUI with buttons or tabs to activate your already made functions.

Just like you can drop functions from the pallette on a block diagram you can drop your own VI's in other diagrams to reuse them.

Did that make any sense?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,117 Views)