LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make front panel-text visable but not selectable

Hi,

I am trying to overlay text over a LED (control) on my front panel. But now I can not control the LED status anymore because the text is now on the top layer and the LED control is not. I like it to be still visable, but I need to be able to select the underlying control. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,773 Views)

Is reordering the objects any option?

reordering objects.png

But I cannot imagine, you have to overcrowd the FP so much...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,765 Views)

Hi Remko,

While running the VI you will never see text overlay the LED control. Do you really want to overlay LED when VI is not running ??? or specifiy the problem exactly and attach your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,764 Views)

Welcome to the forum! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,759 Views)

Hi Remko,

why do you use a LED as control? It is meant to be an indicator…

Boolean controls also have boolean text - you need to make it visible in the control properties. Now you can write any text "over" your control without disabling it's usage!

@Potterton: Welcome to the forum!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,749 Views)

Maybe I've misunderstood the problem, but can't you just use the inbuilt text overlay?

Right click on the LED and select Properties>Appearance>Show Boolean text. This text will not be selectable at runtime and still allows the user to activate the control.

Edit: What GerdW said.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,748 Views)

Hi Remko,

Probably I Understood your problem. Its simple to do. Just make a right click over LED control --> Properties and make a check on a "Show boolean text". You can enter the text want you want to display during ON and OFF of your LED control. Now run the VI. It will not disturb you while press over the LED. Refer the below picture.

Untitled.png

Actually I dint see the above replies and I simply posted my thought. The solution were given already.

Message 7 of 8
(2,736 Views)

Check out this thread also.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,705 Views)