LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make an array containing all the dates between two dates

Solved!
Go to solution
Basically I need a vi that returns an array with elements containing all the individual dates that exist between two dates. I am currently building one myself...but obviously if there is already some vi that does this I would rather use it. Anyways any help is appreciated...I will just be over here writing some overly complicated solution to pass the time.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,586 Views)

Hi electric,

"Anyways any help is appreciated"

You should have 3 inputs to your VI: data array (containing dates and data), start date, end date.

Now you need a loop. In the loop you compare the date of the current array item with start and end date. When in range, then add to output array. Hint: use a shift register to keep the output array...

Otherwise simply attach your own work here and someone will give hints on how to improve your work!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,579 Views)

The day of month element of the cluster converts the time correctly even if it exceeds the days in a month.

Also, you can simply add 86400, or 1 with the unit "d".

Dates.png

(3,573 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author electric550

Just an idea

Output is the array of dates (as timestamps) between "Start" and "End" time stamps.

days.PNG

Marco

Message 4 of 5
(3,569 Views)
Thanks...you just saved me a ton of time...I was trying to use a formula and a bunch of other stuff. That is much easier. Thanks again!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,556 Views)