LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to keep the waveform chart updated when changing states in state machine/

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone please sugest me how to keep the waveform chart updated even if I am changing the states in a state machine??

I am having analog inputs on the waveform chart...

Thanks in advance...

Now on LabVIEW 10.0 on Win7
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,894 Views)

Hi,

I think ou would need to place the chart outside the case structure but within the while loop.  If you post your code we could understand your problem more clearly.

Michael.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,890 Views)

Hi CrackJack,

can you give us more information please? Do you currently write the data from one case and now you need to change the state?

You can place the indicator outside the case structure and store your data inside a shift register, so you can write into your waveform from different states.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,889 Views)

hello guys,

thanks a lot for the suggestions, here is the attached code... please follow the following steps to run it..

ONce you hit play,press either Start Main/Cyl UP button on the front panel,

once you start observing the waveforms, you can press the Cyl_Dwn button on the front panel... You can observe that the state changes to Start Counter state,

and the waveform chart also stops updating... I would like both the waveform charts to conitnuously show the data even if the state is changed....

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,877 Views)

Guys, do you need any more details about what Iam doing/???

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,870 Views)

Hi CrackJack,

you write your waveforms only in the "1" case. If you want to update from more/all states, then you have to handle these indicators like you handle the state indicator.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,859 Views)

Hi CrackerJack,

You need to have a look at some state machine examples, I have modified your code slightly to get you started, its not perfect but I hope it gives you the right idea.

Michael.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,852 Views)

thanks a lot RiversDaddy, but can you please save it in lv 8.0 version???

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,842 Views)

@MikeS81 wrote:

Hi CrackJack,

you write your waveforms only in the "1" case. If you want to update from more/all states, then you have to handle these indicators like you handle the state indicator.

Mike

You mean I should have a DAQ in every state??? Or how/? Can you please elaborate/??

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,841 Views)

Hi,

I cannot save for previous version without the Vi 'waveform generation current.vi.'  Post this VI and I will compile for you tomorrow.

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,825 Views)