From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to interface a stepper motor with labview

I need to inferface a stepper motor with labview and also i need to control thr rotation of stepper motor using labview. Which type of stepper motor would be better to implement this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,943 Views)

There are a lot of different kinds of stepper motors and they all have different kinds of control functionality. You probably need to research what kind of functionality your computer/system has in terms of communication.

The system I'm working with now communicates via RS232 to the steppers which run on "SmartMotor" commands. This form is really easy to work with in conjunction with LabVIEW if you buy an RS232 card for your PC.

I've also worked with a stepper system in the past that had an arduino driver, so I was sending outputs from LabVIEW through an NI DAQ device to the Ardunio digital and analog inputs. This is NOT the way to do it ideally, but it worked.

Edit: I just saw that this was from 3 weeks ago. I hope it's not too late and you haven't abandoned LabVIEW already.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,811 Views)

Thanks for ur reply, i have completed my work using labview.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,795 Views)