LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to install labview8.2 and labview 7.1.1 on the same system without driver conflicts

Hello,

is it possible to install labview8.2 and labview7.1.1 on the same system without driver conflicts (labview7.1.1 drivers should be available when working with labvieww7.1.1 and labview8.2 drivers should be available when working with labview 8.2)?

Message Edited by bbein on 12-19-2006 10:49 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,706 Views)

I'm not sure what you mean about LV 8 drivers and LV7 drivers unless you are talking about daqmx drivers. You can install both versions of LV on the same PC and you can use the same DAQ drivers for both as long as they are compatible with both versions of LV.

I used to have 7.0, 7.1, 8.0, and 8.20 all running fine on one PC.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,691 Views)
Thanks for the reply Jhoskins,

i will try to give an example:
Ive been working on a LV-project including host PC and compactFieldpoint by using LV7.1.1.
After i ve installed LV8.2 and opened the RT-software-code, the vi "Read Fieldpoint" was replaced by a new version.
Is there a possibility to have different LV-versions on the same system  running completely independent from each other?

Greets
bbein
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,672 Views)
No you cannot. The drivers have to be available for all versions of LV. You could make sure that your old version is compatible with LV8 (which it probably is not) uninstall the new version and install the old and make sure LV 8 is checked. Did the functionality of the particular VI change. Does it not work the  same.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,654 Views)