From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to indicate the status of machine in stack light indicator using labview

hello , i need to indicate the status of a machine,whether it i running or stopped or faulty by means of stack light indicator.

Is there a way to achieve this using labview????

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,030 Views)

Yes, sure!

😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,027 Views)

What have you tried? Have you looked at examples? All you have to do is evaluate you conditions and turn on lights. It is actually very easy to do in LabVIEW.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,001 Views)

I've seen stack lights used all the time.  Some were serial or network devices that you send a command to, to operate, and some took discrete digital lines.  One thing we learned quickly, is that blinking the lights weren't a good idea for the operating time.  These were probably incandescent lights and we had thought a plan like Solid Green meant a test is ready to be ran, and Flashing Green was a test was in progress.  We ran some several day tests were it would blink all the time.  Burned up the lights quickly and we re-evaluated the lighting scheme.

Oh and OP if you haven't figured it out yet tons more information is needed to get a useful answer.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,923 Views)