LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to increase the memory of VI?

I know there are lots of loops in the beginning.

But I first read the main raw data and after that I have to take value from that... The other two path which I given is the user manually have to make a text file for which he wanted the value from raw data file and after that labview calculate the values.

Its better if some one can modified the loops in the beginning.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 42
(934 Views)

As it has been pointed out it is not LabVIEW that is the problem it is your code. For example, why are your reading the data files as strings and then converting them to numbers. Simply read them as numbers using the Read From Spreadsheet File. Your code is making so many copies of the data it is no wonder you are having memory issues. I strongly encourage you to take the LabVIEW core 1 and Core 2 classes.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 42
(921 Views)

To be diplomatic: There's room for improvement in the VI.

One issue is Delete from array, it often creates data copies, and you do ALOT of them, in loops! It's better to use array subset, especially if you remove stuff from the start or end. The short answer: Start over with a state machine and lots of sub-vi's.

So, backing up, what are you trying to do?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 23 of 42
(900 Views)

Mark,

I have to read the file as a string because file also contain the albhabet which I have to read. And If I remove the string to number array there is a problem to calculate the mean value.

/Y,

I have a huge file which contain 240 columns and 60000 rows... below is example of my file

File name : raw data

port 101   port 102 ........................................ port 819

1             2,005       2,008                                               3,009

2             2,105       2,558                                               4,558 

60000   1,005       2,559 .............................................  5,889

So I have to read the file first as a string... and then delete the header raw.... then have to make comparision of any 8 ports so the number of those 8 ports I have to enter manually like a text file, thats why there is another two file path are given to enter the number of ports. So that first read by the read from spreadsheet and one by one from search element array it gives the column number to the index array and from that array loops calculate the further value...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 42
(876 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

One issue is Delete from array, it often creates data copies, and you do ALOT of them, in loops! It's better to use array subset, especially if you remove stuff from the start or end.

Sorry this is not solving the original problem, but I would like to understand the above statement a bit better. The buffer allocation tool seem to suggest otherwise.

buffer allocation.png

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 42
(858 Views)

Hi,

But when I highlight the execution and see the execution.

The VI stops at read from spreadsheet file. It does not move forward from that point.

why the function not able to read the text file. Its just the starting of the operation.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 42
(845 Views)
Hi mrdesai88, can you please try creating a new vi and only open the file using read from spreadsheet and post the outcome??
-Then,if possible post your vi in lv 12.
-So that we can now what problem we have first regarding reading file or something else.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 42
(832 Views)

Hi Uday,

Sorry for the wrong information regarding the file size... I have to read the file which is ranging from 50 to 200 mb... 

Is it possible with labview? First reading and then have to do the large calculation?

I upload the VI for the read from spreadsheet 

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 42
(809 Views)

I am not able to upload the my text file here because its too large.... 

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 42
(801 Views)
Hi mrdesai88,
-Are you able to open the file in your PC with same code?? If not what is happening?
-Good to mention may be your PC config.
-Reg file size, that's serious mistake. You need to properly tell the spec.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 42
(798 Views)