From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to implement time delay in a loop because of error code 1073807253

I am getting the error code above when trying to read data from a serial port on my laptop. I found a number of suggestions to solve the problem at this link http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F3E0621CB71AA16786256F970000FC57?OpenDocument

The following graphical schematic was included in the solution. However, being new to labview, I cannot figure out what is the outer box around the time delay component in the block diagram. If it is a loop, why does it not have condition terminals etc? I would appreciate any help with this issue. I have also attached my own VI. It works with the first few bytes of data coming in, and then the error message comes up. Therefore the data is being read and displayed on my read buffer.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,556 Views)

That is called "Flat Sequence Structure", it essentially ensures data flow, you can add frames so that things must run in sequence. 

They are using it there because there is no "Wait" vi that passes error through, not ensuring data flow.. You can fix this by creating a sub-VI with that exact wait ms function and an error in error out cluster like attached, because all that code is doing is using that sequence to ensure that wait is executed.

CLD | CTD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,529 Views)