From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to implement i2c for ni9403 at crio 9066

We are using cRIO 9024 and NI 9403 Module to make I2C communication with PH sensor - PH EZO CIRCUIT of Atlas scientific (documentation attached).
i am using the example Implementing I2C Communication Protocol in LabVIEW FPGA with small adjustments.
We didn't success to communicate with the sensor in this method, however by using NI USB 8451 we had a success so we know the sensor is working fine.
When we connected the outputs of the NI 9403 (SDA & SCL) to oscilloscope and we saw that the output in a general view is as expected (pictures attached).
We are now thinking the problem is in the timing and get over the NI9403 Latency.
We of course connected 4.7KOhm Pull-Up resistors to SDA and SCL inputs as required.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(957 Views)

When you say you are not communicating with the device, are you receiving any signal back? Do you know if the device address is set correctly?

Have you tried to communicate between the USB device and your FPGA?

Can you attach a screen shot of your FPGA code? What were the adjustments you made?

JD B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(925 Views)

I didn't recieve signal back.

u didn't understand "Do you know if the device address is set correctly?"   what the meaning?

Why should i try to connect between the USB and FPGA?   i used the NI USB 8451 just to be sure the sensor is working.    

I tried a small adjustments but after several times of failure i return to the original FPGA.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(919 Views)