From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to hide Popup window

Hello All,

I need small help.

I’m running one 3rd part exe with LabVIEW. It’s working fine but, when that exe is running one popup window is coming. I want to hide that window.

Please tell me if there is idea to hide that kind of popups.

BR,

Munna

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,219 Views)

If it is a front panel dialogue box and you can access the VI, rather than just the exe, you can go to File>Vi Properties>Window Appearance>Customise and then untick the 'Show front panel when called' button.

Or is it an error message? In that case you would need to find where it is called in the VI and disable it there.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,206 Views)

Dear camW,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I'm not talking about current LabVIEW window popups. It's problem related to other Exe windows.

I'm calling one exe with "System Exec.vi" when that particular exe is running then some popup windows are coming up. I want to hide those popups Automatically.

BR,

Munna

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,197 Views)

Hello all.

Please help me if anyone knows solution about it.

BR,

Munna

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,138 Views)

Hi Munna,

you need to use Windows kernel functions!

When that popup window has a title you can get a reference ("handle") of that window. With this handle you can move or hide it!

There has been an AppNote with several user32 .dll-functions already implemented in VIs, but can't find that right now…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,130 Views)

Dear GerdW,

I know the window name (for Popup window) but I don't know how to get  handle value.

I checked this Link to hide the window (using User32.dll).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms633548(v=vs.85).aspx

Please help me to get the window handle value.

BR,

Munna

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,117 Views)

Hi Munna,

please read the suggestions made in this thread!

It also contains a link to the mentioned before LVWUtil functions…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,108 Views)

Dear GerdW,

Now I can hide popup windows. Now I got other problem.

In my project, I need to hide two windows. One will appear when file is reading and next window will come when file is writing.

Here, My problem is I don't know when that popup window are coming. If file is size is small then 1st window coming and going in very fast, if file size is big then I can read that window.

I think we need to check this windows  continuously. Please give me if there is any better idea.

BR,

Munna

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,085 Views)