cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to give a path for text file

Solved!
Go to solution

hi,

how can i choose a path for txt file.Here i have to choose only the path without .txt file name.File name should be create according to the data value. i have to choose only  for example C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\adhikari-thakur\Desktop\tmp\ .I can do it using it as constant path but i have no idea how to select it using browser Without choosing file name.I have attached here my vi.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,483 Views)

here is my vi..

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,482 Views)

Sorry, I don't have LV2011, but if you can downconvert your code I would be happy to take a look.  I don't really understand your question, but I think you're asking how to select the file without browsing or having a path constant?  Use a file path control, browse to the file you want loaded and set it as the default.  Is this what you want?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,470 Views)

So you only want to select the folder?  You can set the browse options of the Path control to look for only existing folders.  Would this solve your problem or is there something else?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 13
(3,464 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

So you only want to select the folder?  You can set the browse options of the Path control to look for only existing folders.  Would this solve your problem or is there something else?

Yea, I didn't get that from his post, but re-reading with this in mind, it appears that is what the OP is needing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,460 Views)

is this what you meant? it should also work...

Unbenannt.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,457 Views)

@apok wrote:

is this what you meant? it should also work...

Unbenannt.png

I think that is what he is trying to avoid.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,449 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,434 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tadhika

As Crossrulz said look at the Browse Options (right-click on the Path control and select Browse Options...). You can also set the start path, in your case it could be C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\adhikari-thakur\Desktop\tmp\.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,429 Views)

ya, this is waht i am trying to avoid.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,385 Views)