From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get access to a serial port after a labview crash?

They are both set to "switch when released". Anyway the crash happens even if I start the application with both the boolean true and I don't change their value while the VI is working.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(530 Views)

That is what I would expect.  If you send a command once the switch is set, it will continue to send that command every 200ms.  If it takes the instrument longer than 200ms to configure for your request, it will eventually crash.  Likewise, if you continually write information in this fashion and are sending a command with a "?" each time, you might also overrun the read buffer.  However, I believe that it does handle this in the Read buffer like a FIFO and discards any earlier responses without crashing.

Try setting the mechanical actions of the READ and WRITE Booleans to Latch when released instead of Switch when released.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(528 Views)
Minions ha scritto:

That is what I would expect.  If you send a command once the switch is set, it will continue to send that command every 200ms.  If it takes the instrument longer than 200ms to configure for your request, it will eventually crash.  Likewise, if you continually write information in this fashion and are sending a command with a "?" each time, you might also overrun the read buffer.  However, I believe that it does handle this in the Read buffer like a FIFO and discards any earlier responses without crashing.

Try setting the mechanical actions of the READ and WRITE Booleans to Latch when released instead of Switch when released.

I tried but nothing changed...

...Finally I solved when I threw my Prolific USB-Serial Adapter away and I replaced it with my new FTDI USB-Serial Adapter. Smiley Wink

Thanks everybody for the hints.

Message 23 of 23
(498 Views)