LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to generate pwm at Digital output using ni 9401

Hello,

I am using cDAQ 9184 chassis and NI 9401 as a digital output module. I need to generate a PWM so that my output signal can vary from 0 to 5V (By varying  duty cycle of PWM). I did generate PWM using square wave present in the simulate signal block. But it provides an analog output. So, please suggest me some way to generate PWM at my digital output of NI9401 so that I can vary my output voltage.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,712 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(7,695 Views)

Can you tell me how my NI 9401 is used as a counter?

Maybe a sample VI or some application example.  My main aim is to get 0 to 5V variable output at one of the Digital output terminal . I chose option of using PWM for variable voltage.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,623 Views)

Amplitude in this case is 1V max. Can you suggest me a way to convert it to 5V max

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(7,493 Views)

This sounds like an issue for the hardware side. Have you tried implementing a simple gain amplifier using an opamp?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,483 Views)
Actually the VI provided as an example has amplitude upto 1V only. 9401 has range of 0 to 5V output. Can u suggest me how to generate pwm using which I can vary voltage from 0 to 5V by varying duty cycle
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(7,479 Views)

Which example are you referring to?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,473 Views)

You can't change the amplitude of the pulse using duty cycle alone. This is a digital approach you've referenced, which will have one of two levels. If you want 5V, you'll need additional hardware.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(7,464 Views)