LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to generate pseudo random noise(PRN) binary sequence using shift registers?

what is the block diagram to generate pseudo random noise (PRN) binary sequence of 1's and 0's using shift registers

please help

i need 2 submit this project in this week

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,764 Views)

NoiseGeneration.png

Requires LV Full Development System....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 8
(4,761 Views)

This is a fairly simple homework problem. My hints (on the LabVIEW side):

1- look at while loops

2- look at shift registers on while loops with multiple input elements

3-look at the logic components, AND, OR XOR

Look at this wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_feedback_shift_register

Do the work, you won't learn if someone shows you how it is done! The palette that the previous post points to are of PRN and other "noise generators" but I suspect that is not what you are after.

Know that creating a PRN with a reasonable number of shift register taps produces very pseudo results, as the "random" pattern begins to repeat pretty quickly, thereby making it not a truly random number. 

When you have an attempt that is sort of working and want additional suggestions, post the code here. We won't do your work, we will help you try to do it, and learn it, yourself.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 3 of 8
(4,754 Views)

thnx 4 ur valuable suggestion

m  bein alotted this project to generate this prn sequence of length, l=2^n - 1, where n are the no. of shift registers,

but m beginner in lab view and i need to submit this project v soon

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,748 Views)

@SharmaManisha wrote:

m  bein alotted this project to generate this prn sequence of length, l=2^n - 1, where n are the no. of shift registers,

Your keyboard is broken.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 5 of 8
(4,743 Views)

Sir,

May i know how to proceed for this topic

@jcarmody wrote:

@SharmaManisha wrote:

Your keyboard is broken.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,736 Views)

Since you obviously have to implement the shift register yourself (homework task?), the key you seem to miss is that you can extend the shift register node in LV on the left hand side. This grants access to "elder values than only the last one".

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 8
(4,727 Views)

You should search NI Community or google. You can find tons of examples for stacked shift registers like this one.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
Message 8 of 8
(4,690 Views)