cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find thermocouple type progromatically

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

Is there a way to progromatically get the channels set thermocouple type? I ask becasue i want to write the thermocouple type in my tdms log.  I assume if possible it is a property node function, but i cant find it.

Thanks for any advice.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,860 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Wolleee

The property node you are looking for is the Analog Input:Temperature:Thermocouple:Type in the DAQmx Channel Property Node. If you cannot find it, it may be because it is a Device-specific property, thus you should configure the filter setting of the property node to show all attributes or select your specific device which supports a thermocouple input

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,840 Views)

When you write this to your TDMS file be sure and write it as a property of the channel you are logging, you don't need to log it as a new channel.  Basically values that don't change, and are a single value should be a property, things that have multiple samples should be a channel.  I've seen too many people try to write properties as channels and end up with huge files that Diadem can't do much with.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,829 Views)

Thank you for the advice and hooovaahh im working on that portion of the code.

If you i have different thermocoupl types in the same task how would i get the thermocouple type for each one?

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,806 Views)
You would have an array of channels that you would use the property node on each.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,784 Views)