LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to fill roi descriptor?

hello,i want to create a mask using roi descriptor.how can i fill value of roi descriptor?i am attaching one image. i want to create mask to remove border part of image because i am interested in only center parts of image

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,890 Views)

This sounds like a followup to your earlier long discussion on horizontal and vertical projections.  I recall that I asked you to post your code, which you never did.  I'll again ask, post your code (attach the VIs, or compress the surrounding folder and attach the entire .ZIP file).  Do not send pictures of VIs or controls -- we cannot thoroughly examine them, can't look at the parts that aren't shown.

The image you attached is completely useless.  If you want us to examine your ROI, save it as a Control or Indicator (with a value) and attach the Control.  Much better, of course, would be to attach the VI where you use this ROI.

Bob (attach your code, already) Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,849 Views)

Hi Sagar,

As Bob said, we cannot see what you have already tried. However, it is not completely clear why you want to remove the border of your image (and to what extent). There may be an easy way to do it if you phrase your question with what you have and what your goal is. For example, your question could look like:

"I'm taking 800x600 images of an object that only takes up 400x400 at the center of the image. I cannot decrease my camera resolution because of certain project requirements, but I want to extract just the center 400x400 pixels to give me less noise in my image analysis. I have tried using IMAQ Image to Array, but I could not figure out which output terminal to use. Attached you will find the VI I've been working on along with all necessary SubVIs."

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,834 Views)

hello gregoryj..,u r right.

i want to extract license plate from the image.now it will be obviously in the center part of image.so i want to remove border part of image upto each side near about 50-75 pixel.i came to know that "imaq roi to mask" can create the mask for border removal.but i am stoped at roi firstly.beacause i dont know that which value i have to give to remove border from four side of image in the roi descriptor.if i found something than i will send vi for questioning.currently i am not able to send anything.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,796 Views)

In your previous post "how to do horizontal & verticle projection ?", I showed you that you could use an ROI to extract the License Plate image.  You seem to be persisting in trying to do this "another way" (why?) -- you've used Image Analysis techniques to create your own Image of the License Plate, but want to convert this Image into a Mask (all of the Pixels either Black or White, with the stipulation that the "inside" of the White area be "all White", i.e. you want to eliminate the Pixels that are the "image" of the License Plate, itself, in order, I presume, to create a Mask that you can apply to the total Image to create a sub-Image consisting of ... only the License Plate.  Yet extracting the License Plate using the ROI does exactly that!

I did give you one way you could do this "Make Mask" task.  You seem to not be willing (or maybe not be able) to do any of these steps, but keep asking us to "do your work for you", showing us nothing in return.  Pretty soon members of the Forum are going to tire of this ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,783 Views)