LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to export graph data to excel

Hi,

Actually i want to export graph data to excel. i can do this using Graph->Right Click->Export->Export data to Excel. But i'm not able to see the whole data. it is only giving instance data. so plz let me now how can i see whole data. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(7,680 Views)

The RCM methods operate on the selected visable data.  either change the scale to include all data or change the scale programatically.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(7,665 Views)

This should export all data which is currently displayed in the graph. It isn't meant for logging purposes, but for taking this "snapshot" as raw data for later analysis.

If you have an issue that the excel sheet is not containing all the data you see in the graph when performing the export, please share an example VI incl. a description on how to reproduce the issue.

If the issue is (as i suspect) that you cannot log data with that for an extended period of time, you should open the example finder and search for "Streaming".

Norbert

EDIT: Added the underlined word "currently" to improve correctness (as Jeff pointed out).

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(7,663 Views)

Please find the attached VI. I want to export the voltage graph data to Excel. When i stop my Program and try to export. it is exporting only the visible graph not whole. so suggest how to solve this.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(7,653 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us. When you right click on the chart/graph and export the data to an excel file, it only exports the data currently visible on the graph/chart. In order to get the whole data you can try logging it to a file directly. You can use 'Write to Measurement File.vi' for generating the file programmatically in the Excel File format (available only in Labview 2013). You can also use 'Write to Spreadsheet File.vi' which will create a .csv file for your data which you can open with Excel. You can also use other low level File I/Os VI for your purpose.

You can go through the following link for further information: http://www.ni.com/newsletter/51339/en/

I hope this helps you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(7,535 Views)

I would like to have a Boolean on my vi that does exactly the same thing as right clicking the graph and selecting "Export Data To Excel".  Is there no function or property that can be used to programmatically call the same function as right clicking the graph and selecting export?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,173 Views)

@Dan_at_Ocean_Systems wrote:

I would like to have a Boolean on my vi that does exactly the same thing as right clicking the graph and selecting "Export Data To Excel".  Is there no function or property that can be used to programmatically call the same function as right clicking the graph and selecting export?

Why not just write the same data your are graphing to a file as you graph it?

BTW: It's just numbers, the file does not have to be anything fancier than a plain text file for Excel to open it.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,171 Views)

You can use an Invoke node for the graph and call Export Plot to Excel (or one of the other options).

pauldavey_1-1632368374777.png

Message 8 of 14
(3,141 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

@Dan_at_Ocean_Systems wrote:

Why not just write the same data your are graphing to a file as you graph it?

BTW: It's just numbers, the file does not have to be anything fancier than a plain text file for Excel to open it.

Yes, if you're wanting to write all of your data to a file then write all of your data to a file, and a plain text file (delimited) will work great with Excel.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,113 Views)

Thanks pauldavey. That is exactly what I was looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,100 Views)