From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to dual monitor application

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi i need to create dual monitor appication ..

here i wants to show outputs in one monitor and input panel in another monitor ..

like i need to have two front panel for one applcation .

How to do this ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,177 Views)

Create two VI's.  One VI can call the other and have tell it to open the front panel when it is called.

The question is ultimately what you want to do in each window.  What happens if you try to close one window, or the other?  Will that be a problem for you app?  You will need to handle the panel close?  app event so you don't run the risk of shutting down half your application by accidentally closing one window.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,158 Views)

HI 

I have attached one VI file .. How to split this ?

1.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,144 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SaranVenkateshS

Like this

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,140 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,129 Views)

Apply the same concepts.

Have one VI pass data to a different VI.  I showed the way by using queues.  You could also pass references to controls form one ot the other.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,122 Views)

okay sure

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,119 Views)

I have a problem. I use 2 subVIs to display 2 diferent graphs. I set them to open the FP when called. 

The issue is I cannot minimize the FP window for a while. After one loop, the FP is called and appear again and again. If delay time is short, the window is blinking.

Is there any solution to display the FP of all subVI and minimize them when I want?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,930 Views)

try This ..

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,917 Views)

Hi Modification done with previous is after loop i  need to do close fp.

added modifed file below.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,906 Views)