LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to draw rotating line like Radar display in labview using line or point fucntion?

Hello There

I need to plot some real time radar data on a gauge in labview. Hence I was looking for some help with the same. I have worked with labview, but never used a timed structure before.If some one could kindly explain me the code behind the "radar.vi". I'm not able to understand how this VI works What is the data being input and how is the "period input" in the timed structure interpreted.
That'll be a great help. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(664 Views)

Have a look at the "draw radar.vi" in this post instead. It doesn't use a timed loop and a gauge control. It uses a while loop and draws the image in a picture control. It's a smaller file and also appears to consume less resources to do it.

Link to file: http://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/170/254889/1/draw%20radar.vi

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
Message 12 of 14
(631 Views)

New to Labview, in reviewing the block diagrams I get a password protection on one of the VIs.  Picture to Pixmap is password protected.  Please can I have that password or send another picture to pixmap vi.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(416 Views)

@Mike_ee7 wrote:

New to Labview, in reviewing the block diagrams I get a password protection on one of the VIs.  Picture to Pixmap is password protected.  Please can I have that password or send another picture to pixmap vi.

Thanks,

Mike

That is an NI provided VI.

No access to the block diagram (unless you know someone I do not... (Smiley-wink))

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(412 Views)